AIS15 and Injury Scaling: Uses and Techniques Two-Day Course
Indiana State Department of Health, Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention
Monday, May 21, 2018 at 8:00 AM - Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
Who Should Take Coder Training?
The course is designed for trauma nurses/coordinators, registrars, physicians, hospital records personnel and researchers, or engineers who are responsible for injury databases. Participants should have general knowledge of anatomy.
- Understand the structure, organization and contents of the Abbreviated Injury Scale
- Abstract injury data from medical charts
- Rule out information that is not codeable
- Distinguish between injuries and outcome
- Apply injury coding rules and guidelines specific to each body region
- Apply rules for calculating the Injury Severity Score (ISS) for multiple body region injuries