The 2018 Indiana Health Advocacy Coalition Conference, Celebrating the Contributions of Medical Legal Partnership to Comprehensive Patient Care, will be held Thursday, July 26th 2018, at the Ivy Tech Culinary & Conference Center, 2820 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208. The focus of this first annual gathering will be to celebrate the many successes of Indiana’s existing Medical Legal Partnerships, share best practices in identifying and addressing the health-harming civil legal needs of diverse patient populations, and inspire new collaborations and innovative approaches to enhancing patient-centered health care in Indiana. This program will be accredited for continuing education.
Learning Objectives Participants in this conference should be able to:
- Identify subject matter experts in the MLP field via built-in networking time and plenaries
- Distinguish between different MLP models. There will be concurrent breakout sessions focused on implementing and expanding MLP in FQHC, emergency room, and specialty care clinic environments
- Identify specific health-legal interventions on a current issue: Lunchtime plenary panel on addressing the opioid crisis with legal tools
- Assess opportunities to create health-legal interventions via subject matter/implementation round-tables at end the day
Who Should Attend
- People in health care, law, public health, social work, government and academia interested in sharing ideas, insights and best practices regarding the prevention and mitigation of health harming legal and social needs for patient populations
- Those working in well-established Medical Legal Partnerships who want to share best practices and/or expand their services, and those interested in learning more about how to get one up and going
- Cost of Attendance is $50.00
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Free and convenient parking will be available at the summit venue
- Registration begins at 8:30 AM, and the closing plenary will conclude at 2:30 PM
- Many thanks to our sponsor, Eskenazi Health and Community Health Network. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact us through our website.
The Indiana Health Advocacy Coalition - bringing dedicated people of diverse professional backgrounds together to enhance patient-centered care in Indiana. Visit us at www.ihac.info