This one day seminar is hosted by University of Indianapolis and the Metropolitan Indianapolis Central Indiana Area Health Education Center.
Students, educators, health professionals, and everyone in between, join us on May 26 to learn more about a phenomenon affecting a majority of people - trauma. Explore the impact of trauma on health and academic achievement AND where we go from here given what we know now.
The day will include...
- Eye opening revelations from keynote speakers and esteemed experts in the field, Dr. Vincent Felitti and Dr. Jeanie Tietjen.
- A variety of powerful breakout session
- Explore strategies for combating the impact of trauma
- Learn skills to enhance education and health outcomes
- And, a special self-care treat for caregivers (lay to professionals) about handling compassion fatigue due to exposure to secondary trauma for those for whom you care/educate.
For decades, it has been common practice to address challenges around race and income as a means to improve education and health outcomes. Yet, new methods also include addressing trauma in order to influence outcomes. We invite you to join forces with us to help ensure academic achievement and improved health for the generations to come.
Event CEU status ...
Total Event Duration: 6.75 hours
Total Available Contact Hours: 4.75