Childhood Injuries and Mortality Focus Area May 18th, 10 AM-12 PM:
Video Conferencing Web Address: http://videocenter.isdh.in.gov/videos/
Click on the “Live Videos” link at the top of the webpage. Click on the link to today’s webcast.
During the webcast, please submit your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome, introduction, and updates.
- Tiffany Egan-Rojas, MPH. Injury Prevention Coordinator, Riley Hospital for Children, Injury Prevention & Trauma Services Department:
- Injury Prevention for Your Baby: Developing & evaluating an injury prevention pilot program for a target population of substance-abusing mothers
- Lu Weil, EMT, PI, LI, Injury Prevention Coordinator and Data Coding Analyst for Deaconess Hospital:
- “It Takes a Village: Collaboration in Injury Prevention”: During this presentation, Lu will discuss the importance of working with community partners to implement programs geared toward childhood injury prevention.
- Terri Bogue MSN, RN, PCNS-BC and Robert Bogue BS, Thor Projects LLC:
- “Don’t Get Sucked In, Maintaining Professional Boundaries”: Presentation will cover how to not get “sucked into the story”, provide great care, and protect yourself.
- “Kin to Kid Child Safety Cards”: Using child safety cards to support communication and safety education in a fun way.
- Preston Harness, MPH, CPST. Injury Prevention Program Coordinator, Indiana State Department of Health:
- ISDH Updates on Child Passenger Safety.