Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Provider Training
- Explore the use of Motivational Interviewing (MI) within SBIRT.
- Examine substance use risk (alcohol or drug) and how risk/harm is assessed in healthcare and behavioral healthcare.
- Review recommended screening tools for use in examining substance use in adolescents and adults.
- Learn and practice evidence-based techniques (MI) for implementation of a brief intervention.
- Discuss resources for linking patients/clients to treatment and follow-up service.