The Pre-Hospital Traumas Life Support (PHTLS) course is designed for healthcare providers who provide pre-hospital trauma care such as EMS or Fire or serve as an integral part of a hospital based trauma care team.
The focus of this program is to enhance and reinforce important concepts, including:
- Identifying the kinematics related to trauma and how they impact pre-hospital care
- Reinforce and enhance good trauma assessment skills
- Reinforce basic and advanced airway management skills
- How to appropriately assess patients with suspected multi systems trauma including scene treatment, packaging and transport
- Effective resuscitative team dynamics
- How to effectively extricate trauma victims from and automobile
- Reinforce and enhance skills relating to splinting, backboarding and packaging trauma victims
- Learn key concepts related to dealing with pediatric and geriatric victims
In addition, students will have an opportunity to work in learning stations while improving essential skills using guided step by step instructor lead hands-on practice. The training environment is stress free and designed to help facilitate learning through group participation.